Re: [S-R] KLEMPA & RUZISKA

  • nancy hagen
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2001
      John,
      Thanks again. Would I just be able to write to these folk at the address
      given and hopefully get a response or do I need a more complete address?
      You are GREAT!
      Nancy
    • John
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2001
        At 09:54 PM 9/2/01 -0500, you wrote:
        >John,
        >Thanks again. Would I just be able to write to these folk at the address
        >given and hopefully get a response or do I need a more complete address?

        You can get a complete address by using the following directions:

        Use These for Phone and Postal Code

        http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.html SK phone directory

        Click on the map of Slovakia - Vsetky stanice v SR and then follow
        instructions below. Also, where it says Keyword, if you click on the
        "branz^ovnik" button on the bottom it list key words such as
        "ambulancia". If you put the keyword in and the town, it will list all the
        "ambulancia" (out patient clinics) in the town.

        You don't have to use diacritic marks. If you're unsure of the spelling in
        a name of person or town, try the first 3 letters of the surname or town or
        both to get a larger selection.

        Názov alebo priezvisko* - Put in the surname, at least 3 letters

        Klúc^ové slovo* - Keyword (means - Ako klúcové slovo môzete pouzit niektoré
        heslo z branzovníka. - which I didn't translate because I don't use it. I
        leave it blank)

        Ulica - Street - leave blank unless known

        Císlo domu - House number if known

        Mesto* - Town - must have at least the first three letters of the town. At
        one time you could use just one and run the alphabet.

        Smerové telefónne císlo* = Area code leave blank unless known

        vyhl'adat' = find

        vymazat' = erase

        Predcházajúcich 20 záznamov = first 20 names

        D'als^ích 20 záznamov = next 20 names

        Zac^iatok stránky = beginning page

        spat' = back or return
        **********
        For postal codes use:

        http://www.slposta.sk/online/hlpsc.htm

        Názov obce: Town name
        Ulica: Street, if applicable
        *********
        From a post from Imrich Petrov:

        "How to write the correct address to Slovakia:

        Helena Zuberová
        c.d.58
        090 22 Gribov
        Slovak Republic

        The number 58 is the house number in the village Gribov ( "c" is
        abbreviation
        for "cislo "= number, "d" is abbreviation for "dom" = house) , 090 22 is
        postal code."
        *********
        Good luck.

        John
      • John
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 2, 2001
          At 06:01 PM 9/2/01 -0500, you wrote:

          Additional Information:

          Slovakia is now divided into 8 kraj (regions) and about 80 okres (districts
          or counties). Laks^arska Nova Ves is in Trnavsky kraj and okres Senica. I
          believe the Roman Catholic parish registers containing births, marriages
          and deaths from 1709 to 1898 are located in:

          Rímskokatolický Farský Urad
          908 76 Lakšárska Nová Ves
          Slovak Republic
          034/6598122 - phone

          John
        • Milan Huba
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
            In Milwaukee, most new Slovak arrivals attended the St. Steven's (Stefan's)
            Roman Catholic Church. This was a Slovak parish.

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
              Milan,
              Is St. Stefan's still in existence today?

              Al Dubnicka

              Milan Huba wrote:

              > In Milwaukee, most new Slovak arrivals attended the St. Steven's (Stefan's)
              > Roman Catholic Church. This was a Slovak parish.

            • David Mothkovich
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
                Hi-
                If you go to the Catholic Information Network you would be able to find
                whether a parish still exists.
                try www.cin.com it may be org. or net. but that will get you there.
                Dave

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
                  Milan,
                  Thank you for the info. I will check on it.
                  Nancy
                • Bruce Bagin
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
                    St Stefan's was located on 4th and walnut streets, in the 50's the church
                    closed and moved to the northwest side around 60th and capital drive.
                    records can be retrived for a fee from the geneologists at the Milwaukee
                    catholic archdiocese.
                    > Is St. Stefan's still in existence today?
                    >
                    > Al Dubnicka
                    >
                    > Milan Huba wrote:
                    >
                    > > In Milwaukee, most new Slovak arrivals attended the St. Steven's
                    (Stefan's)
                    > > Roman Catholic Church. This was a Slovak parish.

                  • Albert Dubnicka
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
                      Bruce,
                      Thanks,
                      Re: your search, I'm still looking. Can go to the FHC twice a week now. Go on
                      Tues. and Thurs.
                      Al

                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
                        John,
                        Again, many thanks. The Slovak phone site is down at the moment but will
                        keep trying. Was able to get a postal code. I am always so amazed and
                        delighted with how those who are genealogy researchers are so willing and
                        happy to share. You all make the world a much better place to live.
                        Thanks.
                        Nancy