Re: [S-R] KLEMPA & RUZISKA

  • John
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2001
      At 06:01 PM 9/2/01 -0500, you wrote:

      Additional Information:

      >I am new to this group and just beginning to search my husband's maternal
      >line, KLEMPA and RUZISKA. They arrived in Milwaukee, WI before January of
      >1915 leaving behind two daughters with grandparents in Austria Hungary.
      >Can anyone tell me where Laksar Nova Ves

      The town is Laks^arska (Laksharska) Nova Ves. It is located about 50
      miles north of Bratislava the capital of Slovakia.

      From the online SK phone directory:

      Jozef Klempa Lakšárska Nová Ves
      Viliam Klempa Lakšárska Nová Ves

      Štefan Ruz^icka Lakšárska Nová Ves

      John
    • nancy hagen
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2001
        Thanks John! Your help is appreciated!
        Nancy
      • nancy hagen
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 2, 2001
          John,
          Thanks again. Would I just be able to write to these folk at the address
          given and hopefully get a response or do I need a more complete address?
          You are GREAT!
          Nancy
        • John
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 2, 2001
            At 09:54 PM 9/2/01 -0500, you wrote:
            >John,
            >Thanks again. Would I just be able to write to these folk at the address
            >given and hopefully get a response or do I need a more complete address?

            You can get a complete address by using the following directions:

            Use These for Phone and Postal Code

            http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.html SK phone directory

            Click on the map of Slovakia - Vsetky stanice v SR and then follow
            instructions below. Also, where it says Keyword, if you click on the
            "branz^ovnik" button on the bottom it list key words such as
            "ambulancia". If you put the keyword in and the town, it will list all the
            "ambulancia" (out patient clinics) in the town.

            You don't have to use diacritic marks. If you're unsure of the spelling in
            a name of person or town, try the first 3 letters of the surname or town or
            both to get a larger selection.

            Názov alebo priezvisko* - Put in the surname, at least 3 letters

            Klúc^ové slovo* - Keyword (means - Ako klúcové slovo môzete pouzit niektoré
            heslo z branzovníka. - which I didn't translate because I don't use it. I
            leave it blank)

            Ulica - Street - leave blank unless known

            Císlo domu - House number if known

            Mesto* - Town - must have at least the first three letters of the town. At
            one time you could use just one and run the alphabet.

            Smerové telefónne císlo* = Area code leave blank unless known

            vyhl'adat' = find

            vymazat' = erase

            Predcházajúcich 20 záznamov = first 20 names

            D'als^ích 20 záznamov = next 20 names

            Zac^iatok stránky = beginning page

            spat' = back or return
            **********
            For postal codes use:

            http://www.slposta.sk/online/hlpsc.htm

            Názov obce: Town name
            Ulica: Street, if applicable
            *********
            From a post from Imrich Petrov:

            "How to write the correct address to Slovakia:

            Helena Zuberová
            c.d.58
            090 22 Gribov
            Slovak Republic

            The number 58 is the house number in the village Gribov ( "c" is
            abbreviation
            for "cislo "= number, "d" is abbreviation for "dom" = house) , 090 22 is
            postal code."
            *********
            Good luck.

            John
          • John
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 2, 2001
              At 06:01 PM 9/2/01 -0500, you wrote:

              Additional Information:

              Slovakia is now divided into 8 kraj (regions) and about 80 okres (districts
              or counties). Laks^arska Nova Ves is in Trnavsky kraj and okres Senica. I
              believe the Roman Catholic parish registers containing births, marriages
              and deaths from 1709 to 1898 are located in:

              Rímskokatolický Farský Urad
              908 76 Lakšárska Nová Ves
              Slovak Republic
              034/6598122 - phone

              John
            • Milan Huba
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
                In Milwaukee, most new Slovak arrivals attended the St. Steven's (Stefan's)
                Roman Catholic Church. This was a Slovak parish.

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
                  Milan,
                  Is St. Stefan's still in existence today?

                  Al Dubnicka

                  Milan Huba wrote:

                  > In Milwaukee, most new Slovak arrivals attended the St. Steven's (Stefan's)
                  > Roman Catholic Church. This was a Slovak parish.

                • David Mothkovich
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
                    Hi-
                    If you go to the Catholic Information Network you would be able to find
                    whether a parish still exists.
                    try www.cin.com it may be org. or net. but that will get you there.
                    Dave

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
                      Milan,
                      Thank you for the info. I will check on it.
                      Nancy
                    • Bruce Bagin
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
                        St Stefan's was located on 4th and walnut streets, in the 50's the church
                        closed and moved to the northwest side around 60th and capital drive.
                        records can be retrived for a fee from the geneologists at the Milwaukee
                        catholic archdiocese.
                        > Is St. Stefan's still in existence today?
                        >
                        > Al Dubnicka
                        >
                        > Milan Huba wrote:
                        >
                        > > In Milwaukee, most new Slovak arrivals attended the St. Steven's
                        (Stefan's)
                        > > Roman Catholic Church. This was a Slovak parish.

                      • Albert Dubnicka
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
                          Bruce,
                          Thanks,
                          Re: your search, I'm still looking. Can go to the FHC twice a week now. Go on
                          Tues. and Thurs.
                          Al

                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
                            John,
                            Again, many thanks. The Slovak phone site is down at the moment but will
                            keep trying. Was able to get a postal code. I am always so amazed and
                            delighted with how those who are genealogy researchers are so willing and
                            happy to share. You all make the world a much better place to live.
                            Thanks.
                            Nancy