KLEMPA & RUZISKA

  • nancy hagen
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2001
      BlankHello,
      I am new to this group and just beginning to search my husband's maternal line, KLEMPA and RUZISKA. They arrived in Milwaukee, WI before January of 1915 leaving behind two daughters with grandparents in Austria Hungary.
      Can anyone tell me where Laksar Nova Ves
      Zupa Bradislav, Czechloslovakia is located?
      Also am looking for a translator in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area as we have discovered several old letters that may be very helpful.
      Any help you can give will be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
      Blessings,
      Nancy
      mckayhagen@...

    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2001
        At 06:01 PM 9/2/01 -0500, you wrote:
        >BlankHello,
        >I am new to this group and just beginning to search my husband's maternal
        >line, KLEMPA and RUZISKA. They arrived in Milwaukee, WI before January of
        >1915 leaving behind two daughters with grandparents in Austria Hungary.
        >Can anyone tell me where Laksar Nova Ves

        The town is Laks^arska (Laksharska) Nova Ves. It is located about 50
        miles north of Bratislava the capital of Slovakia.

        >Zupa Bradislav, Czechloslovakia is located?

        I believe Zupa Bratislava would be the county Bratislava.

        >Also am looking for a translator in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area as we
        >have discovered several old letters that may be very helpful. Any help
        >you can give will be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
        >Blessings,
        >Nancy
        >mckayhagen@...

        You might try the Slovak community and churches in the M/SP area. If you
        can scan your documents you can get translations by sending them to
        translators via the Internet.

        John