Re: [S-R] Church records

  • Sylvia Ofei-Kwatia
    Message 1 of 41 , Sep 1, 2001
      Dear Bobby

      you wrote:

      >Looking for Djuris in the Plavcan area of Slovakia, formerly Austria-
      >Hungary

      The proper spelling of the name you are researching is �uri�.

      Sylvia

    • Bernardine Weigand
      Message 41 of 41 , Sep 2, 2001
        "Mine" is the Cierne Pole which is very close to the Ukraine border. I thought it translated to Black Field. However, I did not know that another meaning for "Pole" is boundary. So, that does make sense, as I believe it is about 8 km from the border. Perhaps it's both. My ancestors were farmers and horse traders and I think the farmland was very rich and dark.

        Hopefully we shall be visiting the village again this year while on our up-coming trip.