Re:for what it is worth

  • JArcher360@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15 8:40 PM
      I remember hearing for years that all aliens had to register at the post
      office during the month of January. When did this become law, and when was
      it discontinued? The department of Justice (INS) had the forms on file for
      our grandfather, and it gave us the ship, the date and port of entry into the
      US, citizenship and the village he was from. That may be a possibility for
      folks who don't know the village of origin of their folks.
    • Fred Corbett
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15 8:57 PM
        Alien registration was required of all aliens preceeding World War II. I am not
        sure of the specific dates.

        Fred Corbett

      • JArcher360@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 16 6:20 AM
          The registration must have run later than W.W.II. Remember it on TV, which
          came into general use in the 50's.
        • SPIKEREK@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 16 12:37 PM
            If the INS has them on file, what did you have to do to get a copy? This
            sounds like a good starting point.