Catholic Church

  • k3018@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2001
      Hello Listers,
      Can anyone tell me if there was more than one Catholic Church in Hasprunka,
      Slovakia around 1884-1900? Also could anyone tell me where I could write
      today for parish records from that time frame? I would appreciate any help I
      could get. Thank you
      Kathy
      e-mail: k3018@...

    • John
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2001
        At 02:48 PM 8/31/01 -0400, you wrote:
        >Hello Listers,
        >Can anyone tell me if there was more than one Catholic Church in Hasprunka,
        >Slovakia around 1884-1900? Also could anyone tell me where I could write
        >today for parish records from that time frame? I would appreciate any help I
        >could get. Thank you
        >Kathy
        >e-mail: k3018@...

        Hasprunka is now named Studienka and, to the best of my knowledge, the
        parish records are in Studienka. I haven't been able to determine if the
        LDS have microfilmed the village church registers yet. I don't think
        so. I don't think there was more than one Catholic church there. Since it
        is in far Western Slovakia, I doubt if there would be a Greek Catholic
        church there. It appears to be a small village about 40 miles north of
        Bratislava. You would write to:

        Rimskokatolicky Farsky Úrad
        908 75 Studienka
        Slovak Republic
        034/7782190 - phone

        You might try the SKR phone directory for surnames of interest.

        John
      • Michael Zuchick
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2001
          In Christ Kathy,

          In Slovakia the Churchs you would most likely find at
          the turn of the Century would be either Russian
          Orthodox, Greek Orthodox or Greek Katholic.. Not sure
          but I would say that if you have Church Documents
          written in Latin then I would look for Greek Katholic
          Churchs, if in Slovonic the I would be looking for an
          Orthodox Church, most likely Russian Orthodox. The
          Carpathian-Rus.. Church my grandparents attended when
          coming to the US was Greek Katholic until the Church
          became Greek Katholic Orthodox which for me is too
          confusing to explain..

          Mike Zuchick (Mikhail (Barna) Kozubchik)

          http://im.yahoo.com