Re: [S-R] Church records

  • Milan Huba
    Message 1 of 41 , Aug 31, 2001
      How would I get the death records from Liptovska Luzna? Does anyone know
      how to get the film numbers?
      Message 41 of 41 , Sep 2, 2001
        "Mine" is the Cierne Pole which is very close to the Ukraine border. I thought it translated to Black Field. However, I did not know that another meaning for "Pole" is boundary. So, that does make sense, as I believe it is about 8 km from the border. Perhaps it's both. My ancestors were farmers and horse traders and I think the farmland was very rich and dark.

        Hopefully we shall be visiting the village again this year while on our up-coming trip.