Baptismal Certificate

  • iamfreeru@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2001
      I have a baptismal certificate for my GM's sister. She was born in
      Roznava and I presume she was baptized there as well (5 days later).
      I am having great difficulty translating much of the information. I
      would appreciate any help with this. I am sure I have made some
      typo's in the process.

      A megkeresztelt
      neve Leursanna
      A salok
      neve es polgari allasa
      Benko, Janos (her father) .azitiev Kero
      Molnar, Maria (her mother)
      lakhelye hazszammal
      Rzev.eic Naranzoso .nursa
      A keresztszu o
      neve es poligari allasa lakhelye
      Rosch, G.rla
      Rosch, Ji...
      Keresztelo lelkesz
      Ra.er
      Janos

      The date of birth and baptism are 12 sep 1895 / 17 sep 1895. The copy
      I have is 4th generation and very low quality. Thanks again.

      Brian
    • John
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2001
        At 01:39 PM 8/30/01 +0000, you wrote:
        >I have a baptismal certificate for my GM's sister. She was born in
        >Roznava and I presume she was baptized there as well (5 days later).
        >I am having great difficulty translating much of the information. I
        >would appreciate any help with this. I am sure I have made some
        >typo's in the process.

        Have you tried http://www.bmi.net/jjaso/index.html for church record
        translations?

      • iamfreeru@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2001
          John, Thank you once again for that great address. That is exactly
          what I needed. Also, I have been able to locate many relatives
          addresses with the Slovak white pages.

          Brian

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2001
            At 04:17 AM 8/31/01 +0000, you wrote:
            >John, Thank you once again for that great address. That is exactly
            >what I needed. Also, I have been able to locate many relatives
            >addresses with the Slovak white pages.
            >
            >Brian

            You're welcome. Good to hear your research is going well.

            John