RE: [S-R] Help with a Slovak name.

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 29, 2001
      Thank you Greg, I knew someone would know -- not
      surprised, I think I've heard the reference before.

      Caye

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
    • Andrea Vangor
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 29, 2001
        Spis~ka Zupa. Spis~ County (diacritical mark over the final s to prnounce
        sh). Northern county in eastern Slovakia. In Hungarian, Szepes Megye (?).

        > Question, would anyone be able to figure out what this
        > possibly means:
        >
        > Speska zupa
        >
        > It is phonetically spelled, so probably full of typos.
        > Apparently it is a geographical term, not sure if it
        > is a town, city, region, county, etc. Also, if you
        > can figure it out -- what's the current term/spelling.
        > Appreciate whatever comes back, including the
        > humorous wize cracks, love 'em. Thanks!
        >
        > Caye
        >

        > --- Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Youstinka, bwa ha ha ha ha ha. Love the humor, keep
        > > it coming!
        > >
        > > Caye
        > >

        > > --- John <jmatsko4@...> wrote:
        > > > Justine?
        > > >
        > > > English - Justin Czech - Justin, Justyn Polish
        > > -
        > > > Justek,
        > > > Justyn, Russian - Ustin, Ustym, Ustym
        > > > No Slovak equivalent shown in this table.
        > > >
        > > > English - Justina Slovak - Justinka (not to
        > > > flattering if you pronounce
        > > > it in Slovak, it would sound like Youstinka)
        > > >
        > > > John

        > > Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute
        > > with Yahoo! Messenger
        > > http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

      • Caye Caswick
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 29, 2001
          That hasta be it; two confirmations now. Thanks
          everyone!

          Caye