Re: [S-R] Help with a Slovak name.

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 29 8:19 AM
      Youstinka, bwa ha ha ha ha ha. Love the humor, keep
      it coming!

      Caye

      --- John <jmatsko4@...> wrote:
      > At 10:43 PM 8/27/01 -0400, you wrote:
      > >Does anyone know if there is a Slovak name for
      > Justine?
      > >Thanks,
      > >Alison
      >
      > English - Justin Czech - Justin, Justyn Polish -
      > Justek,
      > Justyn, Russian - Ustin, Ustym, Ustym
      > No Slovak equivalent shown in this table.
      >
      > English - Justina Slovak - Justinka (not to
      > flattering if you pronounce
      > it in Slovak, it would sound like Youstinka)
      >
      > John

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 29 8:39 AM
        Hello All:

        Question, would anyone be able to figure out what this
        possibly means:

        Speska zupa

        It is phonetically spelled, so probably full of typos.
        Apparently it is a geographical term, not sure if it
        is a town, city, region, county, etc. Also, if you
        can figure it out -- what's the current term/spelling.
        Appreciate whatever comes back, including the
        humorous wize cracks, love 'em. Thanks!

        Caye

        --- Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:

        > Youstinka, bwa ha ha ha ha ha. Love the humor, keep
        > it coming!
        >
        > Caye
        >

        > --- John <jmatsko4@...> wrote:
        > > At 10:43 PM 8/27/01 -0400, you wrote:
        > > >Does anyone know if there is a Slovak name for
        > > Justine?
        > > >Thanks,
        > > >Alison
        > >
        > > English - Justin Czech - Justin, Justyn Polish
        > -
        > > Justek,
        > > Justyn, Russian - Ustin, Ustym, Ustym
        > > No Slovak equivalent shown in this table.
        > >
        > > English - Justina Slovak - Justinka (not to
        > > flattering if you pronounce
        > > it in Slovak, it would sound like Youstinka)
        > >
        > > John

        > with Yahoo! Messenger
        > http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      • Gregory J. Kopchak
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 29 8:52 AM
          Spis County in Slovakia.

          Greg Kopchak
          It's All Relative

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 29 8:57 AM
            It sounds like some kind of soup to me!

          • Caye Caswick
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 29 9:10 AM
              Yep, exactly what I thought the first time I read it.
              Thanks for the laugh.

              Caye

              --- qt41059@... wrote:
              > It sounds like some kind of soup to me!

              > removed]

              http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
            • Caye Caswick
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 29 9:28 AM
                Thank you Greg, I knew someone would know -- not
                surprised, I think I've heard the reference before.

                Caye

                http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
              • Andrea Vangor
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 29 9:37 AM
                  Spis~ka Zupa. Spis~ County (diacritical mark over the final s to prnounce
                  sh). Northern county in eastern Slovakia. In Hungarian, Szepes Megye (?).

                  > Question, would anyone be able to figure out what this
                  > possibly means:
                  >
                  > Speska zupa
                  >
                  > It is phonetically spelled, so probably full of typos.
                  > Apparently it is a geographical term, not sure if it
                  > is a town, city, region, county, etc. Also, if you
                  > can figure it out -- what's the current term/spelling.
                  > Appreciate whatever comes back, including the
                  > humorous wize cracks, love 'em. Thanks!
                  >
                  > Caye
                  >

                  > --- Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Youstinka, bwa ha ha ha ha ha. Love the humor, keep
                  > > it coming!
                  > >
                  > > Caye
                  > >

                  > > --- John <jmatsko4@...> wrote:
                  > > > Justine?
                  > > >
                  > > > English - Justin Czech - Justin, Justyn Polish
                  > > -
                  > > > Justek,
                  > > > Justyn, Russian - Ustin, Ustym, Ustym
                  > > > No Slovak equivalent shown in this table.
                  > > >
                  > > > English - Justina Slovak - Justinka (not to
                  > > > flattering if you pronounce
                  > > > it in Slovak, it would sound like Youstinka)
                  > > >
                  > > > John

                  > > Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute
                  > > with Yahoo! Messenger
                  > > http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

                • Caye Caswick
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 29 9:46 AM
                    That hasta be it; two confirmations now. Thanks
                    everyone!

                    Caye