Re: [S-R] Church records

  • Peggy
    Message 1 of 41 , Aug 28 1:05 PM
      Hi David:

      I have found my GGF's Birth and Baptismal Certificates, it is my GGM's birth records that I can not find. I thought by looking at her death records it may have the town she was born or her parents names. I have hit a brick wall with her, I don't know where else to look.

      Thank you anyway for the suggestion.

      Peggy
      Message 41 of 41 , Sep 2, 2001
        "Mine" is the Cierne Pole which is very close to the Ukraine border. I thought it translated to Black Field. However, I did not know that another meaning for "Pole" is boundary. So, that does make sense, as I believe it is about 8 km from the border. Perhaps it's both. My ancestors were farmers and horse traders and I think the farmland was very rich and dark.

        Hopefully we shall be visiting the village again this year while on our up-coming trip.