Help with a Slovak name.

  • Alison Prainito
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 27, 2001
      Does anyone know if there is a Slovak name for Justine?
      Thanks,
      Alison

    • John
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 27, 2001
        At 10:43 PM 8/27/01 -0400, you wrote:
        >Does anyone know if there is a Slovak name for Justine?
        >Thanks,
        >Alison

        English - Justin Czech - Justin, Justyn Polish - Justek,
        Justyn, Russian - Ustin, Ustym, Ustym
        No Slovak equivalent shown in this table.

        English - Justina Slovak - Justinka (not to flattering if you pronounce
        it in Slovak, it would sound like Youstinka)

        John
      • John
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 27, 2001
          At 10:43 PM 8/27/01 -0400, you wrote:
          >Does anyone know if there is a Slovak name for Justine?
          >Thanks,
          >Alison

          English = Justina Slovak = Justina - Name day is April 14th. Justinka
          would be more of a diminutive form or term of endearment.

          John
        • Caye Caswick
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 29, 2001
            Youstinka, bwa ha ha ha ha ha. Love the humor, keep
            it coming!

            Caye

            --- John <jmatsko4@...> wrote:
            > At 10:43 PM 8/27/01 -0400, you wrote:
            > >Does anyone know if there is a Slovak name for
            > Justine?
            > >Thanks,
            > >Alison
            >
            > English - Justin Czech - Justin, Justyn Polish -
            > Justek,
            > Justyn, Russian - Ustin, Ustym, Ustym
            > No Slovak equivalent shown in this table.
            >
            > English - Justina Slovak - Justinka (not to
            > flattering if you pronounce
            > it in Slovak, it would sound like Youstinka)
            >
            > John

            http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
          • Caye Caswick
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 29, 2001
              Hello All:

              Question, would anyone be able to figure out what this
              possibly means:

              Speska zupa

              It is phonetically spelled, so probably full of typos.
              Apparently it is a geographical term, not sure if it
              is a town, city, region, county, etc. Also, if you
              can figure it out -- what's the current term/spelling.
              Appreciate whatever comes back, including the
              humorous wize cracks, love 'em. Thanks!

              Caye

              --- Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:

              > Youstinka, bwa ha ha ha ha ha. Love the humor, keep
              > it coming!
              >
              > Caye
              >

              > --- John <jmatsko4@...> wrote:
              > > At 10:43 PM 8/27/01 -0400, you wrote:
              > > >Does anyone know if there is a Slovak name for
              > > Justine?
              > > >Thanks,
              > > >Alison
              > >
              > > English - Justin Czech - Justin, Justyn Polish
              > -
              > > Justek,
              > > Justyn, Russian - Ustin, Ustym, Ustym
              > > No Slovak equivalent shown in this table.
              > >
              > > English - Justina Slovak - Justinka (not to
              > > flattering if you pronounce
              > > it in Slovak, it would sound like Youstinka)
              > >
              > > John

              > with Yahoo! Messenger
              > http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

              http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
            • Gregory J. Kopchak
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 29, 2001
                Spis County in Slovakia.

                Greg Kopchak
                It's All Relative

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 29, 2001
                  It sounds like some kind of soup to me!

                • Caye Caswick
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 29, 2001
                    Yep, exactly what I thought the first time I read it.
                    Thanks for the laugh.

                    Caye

                    --- qt41059@... wrote:
                    > It sounds like some kind of soup to me!

                    > removed]

                    http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                  • Caye Caswick
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 29, 2001
                      Thank you Greg, I knew someone would know -- not
                      surprised, I think I've heard the reference before.

                      Caye

                      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                    • Andrea Vangor
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 29, 2001
                        Spis~ka Zupa. Spis~ County (diacritical mark over the final s to prnounce
                        sh). Northern county in eastern Slovakia. In Hungarian, Szepes Megye (?).

                        > Question, would anyone be able to figure out what this
                        > possibly means:
                        >
                        > Speska zupa
                        >
                        > It is phonetically spelled, so probably full of typos.
                        > Apparently it is a geographical term, not sure if it
                        > is a town, city, region, county, etc. Also, if you
                        > can figure it out -- what's the current term/spelling.
                        > Appreciate whatever comes back, including the
                        > humorous wize cracks, love 'em. Thanks!
                        >
                        > Caye
                        >

                        > --- Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Youstinka, bwa ha ha ha ha ha. Love the humor, keep
                        > > it coming!
                        > >
                        > > Caye
                        > >

                        > > --- John <jmatsko4@...> wrote:
                        > > > Justine?
                        > > >
                        > > > English - Justin Czech - Justin, Justyn Polish
                        > > -
                        > > > Justek,
                        > > > Justyn, Russian - Ustin, Ustym, Ustym
                        > > > No Slovak equivalent shown in this table.
                        > > >
                        > > > English - Justina Slovak - Justinka (not to
                        > > > flattering if you pronounce
                        > > > it in Slovak, it would sound like Youstinka)
                        > > >
                        > > > John

                        > > Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute
                        > > with Yahoo! Messenger
                        > > http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

                      • Caye Caswick
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 29, 2001
                          That hasta be it; two confirmations now. Thanks
                          everyone!

                          Caye