Re: [S-R] New to group

  • Tbeiceman@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 24, 2001
      Hi ,
      Maureen, you may want to check the church records at St.Benedict the Abbot
      Church(formerly St Cyril). E-mail address is P133StBenedict@....
      At the time I went to church there a family by the name of Gaydos went to
      church there also,one of the boys of the family went to school with me.Hope
      this may help you
      Theresa

    • Maureen Pulignano
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 24, 2001
        Thanks!

        Tbeiceman@... wrote:

        > Hi ,
        > Maureen, you may want to check the church records at St.Benedict the Abbot
        > Church(formerly St Cyril). E-mail address is P133StBenedict@....
        > At the time I went to church there a family by the name of Gaydos went to
        > church there also,one of the boys of the family went to school with me.Hope
        > this may help you
        > Theresa

      • John Vamos
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7, 2006
          There is an original surname spelled as Skarupa. Family members emigrated to the Pittsburgh area in the early 1900s originally (married daughters still live there) and some migrated to the Los Angeles area post WW II. The family origins of this line go back to Felso Olcsvar (present day Kosicke Ol'sany, Abauj-Torna County, Slovak Republic) located northeast of Kosice.

          John Vamos