Slovak Gazetteer

  • bookstore@agawa.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2001
      Bardejov, I highly recommend a gazetteer by Milan Majtan titled "Nazvy
      Obci Slovenskej Republiky". He lists and indexes the communities with
      their German, Hungarian, Slovak, Czech, Polish....names. The Mormons
      have microfilmed this book. Periodically new revised editions have
      been published. Mine is the 1998 trade paperback version. It cost
      less than $10CDN in Slovakia last spring. Here is the listing for
      Bardejov:

      1773 Bartpha, Bartfa, Bartfeldt, Bardiow, 1786 Bartfeld, Bartfa,
      Bardejow, 1808 Bartpha, Bartfa, Bardiow, Bardejow, Bardiuv, 1863-1913
      Bartfa, 1920 Bardiov, 1927 Bardejov

      Regards,

      Gabi Svatos-Richmond Hill