Help Needed on Correct Way to Correspond

  • annavanek@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7 11:56 AM
      I believe I'm ready to start to correspond with potential family
      connections in Slovakia, but I have some questions which perhaps one
      of you can help me with.

      I do not know the language, and the only translator tool that I know
      of has Czech not Slovak. Would using Czech be better than English,
      or do I use both to be sure? I don't want to offend anyone.

      How would I handle return postage for the self addressed return
      envelop? Would U.S. air mail stamps be sufficient or are different
      stamps required? If other than U.S. postage, any suggestions on how
      to approach that?

      Thanks to all, as I would not have gotten this far without reading
      all the questions and answers everyone has put out there. I was very
      delighted when I found 10 people in the same town my grandfather was
      born in that share his surname and one in the same town for my
      grandmother.

      Thanks,
      Anna

      Researching in Slovakia: Radimov, Surnames: Vanek, Ovecka