surnames: SPETLA and KAZDA

  • nywxwitch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 1999
      Hi, my name is Tracey and I am trying to find any information I can in
      regards to the SPETLA and KAZDA surnames. My grandfather was Joseph SPETLA
      and he came to the United States around the turn of the century. I believe
      he lived in the Czech Republic which was then part of the Austrian Empire.
      He also served in the military there and was a machinist by trade. He
      settled in New York State, so I am assuming his port of entry was NY. He
      also spoke several different languages. He married Mary KAZDA and they had
      9 children. I do not have a lot of information on my grandmother either,
      except she was from Austria (or could have been Czech Rep also??) My
      grandfather worked on the railroads in the United States and died when my
      father was young. If anyone knows of these surnames, please contact me.
      Thank you.