Re: [S-R] Re: What next?

  • Linmarie1@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2001
      I May Have Found Her:

      Katarina Wrobel
      Hungary, Slovak
      Sztropko, Hungary
      17y
      Brandenburg
      Bremen, Germany

      Checked ShtetlSeeker and found no SZTROPKO in Hungary or
      Ukraine (where I was
      told she was from)
      But I did get a hit for Slovakia, exact spelling and
      all, 219.0 miles ENE of
      Bratislava. Is this close enough that it would have been
      considered Ukraine
      then?
      Age 1 year different, I understood she was born in 1888.
      Could be right??
      Any way of going about finding if this could be MY
      Grandmother?
      I am so excited that I finally have what might be her,
      any help PLEASE-PLEASE
      write.
      Thank you, Linda

      > Try subbing W for the u's,John,good luck.
      > On Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:03:10 +0000 Linmarie1@... writes:
      > > > I have been looking for my grandmother KATARINA
      > > URUBEL, on Ellis Island.
      > > Tried every spelling I could think of plus all the
      > > spellings through the
      > > site. I have not had any luck what-so-ever. Anyone have
      > > any suggestions? I
      > > understand she came over in 1906.
      > > > Thanks for any ideas,
      > > > Linda
      > >
      > > I May Have Found Her:
      > >
      > > Katarina Wrobel
      > > Hungary, Slovak
      > > Sztropko, Hungary
      > > 17y
      > > Brandenburg
      > > Bremen, Germany
      > >
      > > Checked ShtetlSeeker and found no SZTROPKO in Hungary or
      > > Ukraine (where I was
      > > told she was from)
      > > But I did get a hit for Slovakia, exact spelling and
      > > all, 219.0 miles ENE of
      > > Bratislava. Is this close enough that it would have been
      > > considered Ukraine
      > > then?
      > > Age 1 year different, I understood she was born in 1888.
      > > Could be right??
      > > Any way of going about finding if this could be MY
      > > Grandmother?
      > > I am so excited that I finally have what might be her,
      > > any help PLEASE-PLEASE
      > > write.
      > > Thank you, Linda

      > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

    • Dr. Joe Quashnock
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2001
        Sztropko' (Sztropkó) is now Stropkov, 25 km south east of Bardejov and 28 km
        north of Pres^ov (Prešov).

        Dr. "Q"