Family Tree

  • cecearcher@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2001
      Hii Folks>

      I just discovered a new name in my family tree, Muha from New Jersery.
      I believe Muha is a Slovak name.
      My other names are Gajan (Gayan), Frankovic, Kruse, Kopecki (Kopecky)
      (Kupeczky), Petrik.,Orlosky, Novatto and Bartko.and Durban.

      Ancestral villages were Spisska Nova Ves, Noveska huta, Hnilcik and
      Hrabusice. Are these villages near each other. would appreciate any
      information.

      It seems that these all came to the US. before the Ellis Island records.

      Thanks,
      CEcilia Gajan Archer
      <cecearcher@...>
    • frankur@att.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2001
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., cecearcher@j... wrote:
        > Hii Folks>
        >
        > I just discovered a new name in my family tree, Muha from New
        Jersery.
        > I believe Muha is a Slovak name.
        > My other names are Gajan (Gayan), Frankovic, Kruse, Kopecki
        (Kopecky)
        > (Kupeczky), Petrik.,Orlosky, Novatto and Bartko.and Durban.
        >
        > Ancestral villages were Spisska Nova Ves, Noveska huta, Hnilcik and
        > Hrabusice. Are these villages near each other. would appreciate any
        > information.
        >
        > It seems that these all came to the US. before the Ellis Island
        records.

        > Thanks,
        > CEcilia Gajan Archer
        > <cecearcher@j...>

        Spis^ská Nová Ves (Sk) Igló (H) Zipser Neudorf (G) has an interesting
        history.
        Germans, Slovaks, Rusyns, Croatians, Hungarians, and Poles.
        Don't know which group settled here first in 12th, 14th, and 16th
        centuries.

        Not all people in East Central Europe who later spoke German
        owed their heritage to German settlers. Many were descendants of
        Germanized Slavs and in some cases Magyars whose ancestors had
        intermarried with neighbors of Germanic origin.

        Hrabus^ice (Sk) Káposzafalva (H) is located in the SNV area.
        Hnilc^ík (Sk) Szepespatak (H) is located in the SNV area.
        Novoveská Huta (Sk) is located in the SNV area.

        The LDS-Mormons have filmed the R.C. parish church records (1703-1903)
        for Hrabus^ice.

        (1780-1895) for Hnilc^ík.

        Novoveská Huta is listed with Spis^ská Nová Ves (1626-1895)

        Text in Latin and Hungarian.

        Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.

        LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS