SSDI SURNAME TIP

  • Monyak, Stephanie
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2001
      Hi-I don't know if anyone has ever encountered this before, but...

      I just wanted to point out to the group-I have encountered 4 relatives for
      whom I found NO SS# on the SSDI database. Neither did their names register.
      However, when I received their death certificates, there was a social
      security number listed in the death certificate. So I still sent away for a
      SSDI and amazingly on 4 relatives a social security application was found
      even though their numbers provided no 'hits' on the database!
      Just a comment for people to not give up in this area.
      Thanks to discovering this I found the names of several parents of the
      applicants that I had not known before this which gave me a another surname
      to search!