Researching Names

  • cecearcher@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2001
      cecearcher@...: You are not subscribed to slovak-world@....
      Your message is returned to you unprocessed. If you want to subscribe,
      send mail to listproc@... with the following request:

      subscribe SLOVAK-WORLD Your Name

      ------
      Hi Folks>

      I just discovered a new name in my family tree, Muha from New Jersery.
      I believe Muha is a Slovak name.
      My other names are Gajan (Gayan), Frankovic, Kruse, Kopecki (Kopecky)
      (Kupeczky), Petrik.,Orlosky, Novatto and Bartko.and Durban.

      Ancestral villages were Spisska Nova Ves, Noveska huta, Hnilcik and
      Hrabusice. Are these villages near each other. would appreciate any
      information.

      It seems that these all came to the US. before the Ellis Island records.

      Thanks,
      CEcilia Gajan Archer
      <cecearcher@...
    • CPRAMUKA@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2001
        In a message dated 8/3/01 12:52:30 AM, SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com writes:

        << I just discovered a new name in my family tree, Muha from New Jersery.

        My other names are Gajan (Gayan), Frankovic, Kruse, Kopecki (Kopecky)

        (Kupeczky), Petrik.,Orlosky, Novatto and Bartko.and Durban.>>

        I have seen the name MUHA/MUCHA in the Plavec area records. Also there is
        some connection to the surname ORLOVSKY/ORLOSKY from Starina.

        D. Taylor
        CPRAMUKA@...