[Admin} Enough folks! Rules are rules.

  • sabinov@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 4:28 PM
      Folks,

      Despite my asking for peoplr NOT to comment on this list, several of you are keeping this going by offering opinions as to why I have done what I have, how the list is run or heaven knows what else. You should see what I"m getting privately!

      The rules of the list are clear. SLovak Roots is GENEALOGY ONLY. IF you don't like it, feel free to leave. I unsubbed some people, and some of them have rejoined us. I hope they and everyone else, realizes this is not one of the "other" lists which basically act like a newsgroup where anything goes. We're all grown ups here, and I would think that means everyone can follow directions and rules.

      The only problems we ever have on here are when people want to share recipes ... other than taht we're pretty smooth sailing here.
      Those of you who want to share them, you can do it privately or on another list, not here.

      I"ve only ever ad to "ban" one person (the one who kept sending profanity, some of you may remember that epidose)... and velieve me I get no jollies being the list administrator. Many of us wanted a genealogy only list, and I started one. Those of you who think you can do it better, well, I suppose you're welcome to start your own list too. I don't mean that to be nasty, but I'm human, and I get tired of people telling me I'm not doing things the way _they_ think they should be done. Try running lists and making webpages to help others, and you'll see why so many people are getting out of online genealogy... it seems lately all you get is aggravation. (sorry, for the venting)

      Anyway, this is a good list, with good people. Please follow the rules and make it an enjoyable and n ice experience for us all.

      Maura
      Listowner SlovakRoots