concentration camps during WW II

  • Bernardine Weigand
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 10:59 AM
      Does anyone know of the exact location of the camp "Zalhostice"? I know it was in Czechoslovakia. Also, would any of the following be in eastern part of now Slovakia (the names of the camps): Bohusovic, Kopisti, Litomerice-Radobylberg,Litomerice, Lovosice (Sputh factory and oil factory), Nestemice, Terezin(Plavymill), Usti (Schict factory).

      The sites I have accessed give only Czechoslovakia as the location. I tried to match them up with current names in Slovakia. No exact matches, but close spellings, and all, I think, are more towards central and western Slovakia, as they were listed as sub-camps ot "Theresienstadt".

      "Kratzau/Chrstava" was listed as a sub camp of Gross-Rosen-Rogoznica, which was in Poland. So I'm assuming "Kratzau...." was also in Poland.

      Where would concentration camp victims from southeastern Slovakia ,most likely have been taken?

      Bernardine