RE: Maura's back!

  • James Mudrone
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 1999
      Glad to hear all is better. Take it easy and slooowwww. The main thing is
      to get well..

      Welcome home.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: sabinov@... [mailto:sabinov@...]
      Sent: Saturday, September 11, 1999 8:22 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@onelist.com
      Subject: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Maura's back!

      From: sabinov@...

      Hi all...Just a brief note to let you know I am home from the hospital, sore
      and on pain medication but much better than before...The infection outside
      my right lung was much larger and advanced than the surgeons thought, and I
      spent 3 days in ICU, but am lucky the doctors got it all. Now I only have to
      deal with the staples (which hopefully come out Monday) and "considerable
      discomfort". It's hard for me to type because of where the incision is on my
      right side, so you may not be hearing from me much, but I'm here. I am only
      allowed to do so much each day, and am working at regaining my strength so I
      can go back to work in October. Right now I am sleeping a -lot- (didn't get
      much rest in the hospital).I am grateful for all your kind thoughts and
      prayers, which in my mind did as much for me as the medications and surgery.
      I was delighted to talk to Andrea who called me while I was in the hospital
      to check on me, and thank her for watching the list while I was "away".We
      are now at 144 members on SLOVAK-ROOTS, and I hope you will continue to help
      each other with your searching.So thanks to everyone!With kind
      regards,MauraSLOVAK-ROOTS listowner

      Show your ONElist SPIRIT!
      With a new ONElist SHIRT available through our website.

    • Rosamken@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 1999
        Maura:

        My husband has lung problems....so I sympathize with you. But the best
        "medicine" for you (besides prayer) is wonderful support from your family.
        Since being on SLOVAK-ROOTS, I consider myself "family", and it sounds like
        you are getting wonderful support from all your online family...

        Take it easy, and follow your doctors orders.....

        I will be praying for you
        Rosemary - Las Vegas