Re: [S-R] otcet, cucumbers, cesnak, hotels

  • Maureen Pulignano
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2001
      Richard,
      In April and May we traveled from Prague across Slovakia and into Ukraine in a new Renault van. We arranged the rental here in the US prior to the trip. We rented from Avis -- they were the ONLY company we could find that would allow us into Ukraine with a vehicle. (Even the border guards at Uzhhorod were amazed we were in a rented car and demanded to see the contract -- we didn't know what good it would do them, since they maintained they could not speak English! And, because it contained our credit card info, we
      managed to talk them out of needing it.)

      This was not inexpensive -- about $65 USD per day. But it was a 7 pasenger van and a regular car would have been cheaper. While in Prague, we checked out car rental from Czech owned companies and found that the price would be 10 times Avis for a similar vehicle.

      I don't know about Vienna. But, I hope this helps.
      Maureen