Re: [S-R] Digest Number 658

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2001
      At 07:40 AM 7/29/01 -1200, you wrote:
      >BERTHA SIMON (SIMOVA), 22 November 1905 on the Kaiser Wilhelm Der Grosse
      >out of Bremen. I know she lived most of her life in Chicago. But I don't
      >know how
      >she came west. She was only 14years old when she arrived, so someone must
      >have
      >sponsored her, right?

      I assumed she arrived as a Simova and later changed her name to
      Simon. Wrong assumption. She is listed as Simon on the manifest and is
      going to a brother-in-law, Josef Livov(?) in Chicago, W. 304 Chicago Ave.

      Simon, Bertha , Hungary, Slovak , Vrntky, Hungary , 22 Nov 1905 , 14y , F ,
      S , Kaiser Wilhelm Der Grosse , Bremen, Germany

      John

      Just using Simova this is the closest I could come. She was going to an
      uncle's home in Bridgeport, CT according to the ship's manifest on the
      Ellis Island database.

      John

      Simova, Franteska , Austria, Bohemian , Bredetice, Bohemia , 2 Nov 1905,
      17y , F , S Kaiser Wilhelm II