Maura's back!

  • sabinov@xxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 1999
      Hi all...Just a brief note to let you know I am home from the hospital, sore and on pain medication but much better than before...The infection outside my right lung was much larger and advanced than the surgeons thought, and I spent 3 days in ICU, but am lucky the doctors got it all. Now I only have to deal with the staples (which hopefully come out Monday) and "considerable discomfort". It's hard for me to type because of where the incision is on my right side, so you may not be hearing from me much, but I'm here. I am only allowed to do so much each day, and am working at regaining my strength so I can go back to work in October. Right now I am sleeping a -lot- (didn't get much rest in the hospital).I am grateful for all your kind thoughts and prayers, which in my mind did as much for me as the medications and surgery. I was delighted to talk to Andrea who called me while I was in the hospital to check on me, and thank her for watching the list while I was "away".We are now at 144 members on SLOVAK-ROOTS, and I hope you will continue to help each other with your searching.So thanks to everyone!With kind regards,MauraSLOVAK-ROOTS listowner
    • Judy (and Dr. Joe ) Quashnock
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11, 1999
        Dear Maura,

        Do what they tell you to do unless, it hurts too much or doesn't make any
        sense.

        s' Bohom

        Dr. "Q"

        > From: sabinov@...
        >
        > Hi all...Just a brief note to let you know I am home from the hospital,
        sore and on pain medication but much better than before...The infection
        outside my right lung was much larger and advanced than the surgeons
        thought, and I spent 3 days in ICU, but am lucky the doctors got it all. Now
        I only have to deal with the staples (which hopefully come out Monday) and
        "considerable discomfort". It's hard for me to type because of where the
        incision is on my right side, so you may not be hearing from me much, but
        I'm here. I am only allowed to do so much each day, and am working at
        regaining my strength so I can go back to work in October. Right now I am
        sleeping a -lot- (didn't get much rest in the hospital).I am grateful for
        all your kind thoughts and prayers, which in my mind did as much for me as
        the medications and surgery. I was delighted to talk to Andrea who called me
        while I was in the hospital to check on me, and thank her for watching the
        list while I was "away".We are now at 144 members on SLOVAK-ROOTS, and I
        hope you will continue to help each other with your searching.So thanks to
        everyone!With kind regards,MauraSLOVAK-ROOTS listowner

      • James Mudrone
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 1999
          Glad to hear all is better. Take it easy and slooowwww. The main thing is
          to get well..

          Welcome home.

[...]

          Show your ONElist SPIRIT!
          With a new ONElist SHIRT available through our website.

        • Rosamken@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 12, 1999
            Maura:

            My husband has lung problems....so I sympathize with you. But the best
            "medicine" for you (besides prayer) is wonderful support from your family.
            Since being on SLOVAK-ROOTS, I consider myself "family", and it sounds like
            you are getting wonderful support from all your online family...

            Take it easy, and follow your doctors orders.....

            I will be praying for you
            Rosemary - Las Vegas