Marriage certificates

  • NBENYO@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 1999
      Is anyone familiar with information contained on a civil marriage
      certificate, specifically Manhattan/Brooklyn from 1900-1930.

      I assume it would contain the full names of the bride and groom and their
      birth dates. But does it include their place of birth and/or parents names?

      Thanks for any help

      Nick
    • Stef
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 1999
        Usually the Marriage Certificate has minimal information. Just the name
        of the bride and groom. Date of Marriage and Official who married. The
        more detailed information is on the Marriage License.
      • Amfield@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 12, 1999
          Hello,

          I'm brand new to the list. I haven't had an opportunity to introduce myself,
          but I wanted to jump in about marriage certificates. The thing to request is
          the *application* for the marriage license. This usually does have parent's
          names, places of birth, and other information on it. The certificate itself
          tells practically nothing, except the date of marriage.

          Anita