Slovak parish records

  • Stef
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8 7:30 PM
      I just found out that my g grandparents came from a village near Presov,
      called Tulcik. I was wondering how I would find out the parish and or
      diocese the records might be at. If any survived the Communist Regime.
      Thanks for the help.
      Stef
    • MJESKO@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8 7:44 PM
        Tulcik is on the road from Presov to Bardejov and is a pretty village. I
        have been there several times.

        All of the parish records were moved by the Communists. The records from
        Tulcik are probably in the OKRESNI ARCHIEVES in Nizny Sebastiova, a
        suburb of Presov.

        Happy Hunting!

        "TRADITION is the JOYFUL memory of a people!"
      • Stef
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8 9:01 PM
          Thank you. You wouldn't happen to know the Address of the OKRESNI
          ARCHIVES also would you? I tried searching the web but I don't read
          slovak or even have the Cyrillic Font.
          Thanks again!
          Stef <Rdrunner@...>