Re: Digest Number 6

  • Jenny Brichta
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 1999
      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@onelist.com <SLOVAK-ROOTS@onelist.com>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@onelist.com <SLOVAK-ROOTS@onelist.com>
      Date: Saturday, June 26, 1999 3:20 AM
      Subject: New member

      Hi all,

      I am also a SlovakWorld retiree. Nice to be around genealogists again! I
      am researching these names: BRICHTA, FREIER, FRIED, FURST, LIESTANY,
      LUSTIG, POLLAK.

      Areas of research include: Zilina, Belus~a, Prievidza area, Hlohovec
      (Slovakia) and Chomutov, Prague, Kutna Hora (Czech Rep).

      I was wondering how you look up the right section of the LDS microfilm which
      contain your relatives. I'm sure it's written in plain Hungarian and I just
      can't read it. So I spend hours going through the entire roll of film,
      staring at cramped, illegible writing trying to find anything that looks
      close. If I ever find one, I'm not sure what I'll do after my victory
      dance. Probably photocopy it and ask you all what it means!

      Jenny Brichta