Re: [S-R] Re: Zupancic

  • kimberly rought
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 10, 2001
      John,

      These Vol. that you gave me from the Slovenija, how can I read them?
      Thanks,
      Kimberly

      I forgot to include the issue of Slovenija that discusses the origin of the
      following:

      Koren Vol. XIII, No. 3, Autumn 1999 2,772 2,688
      Miklic' Vol. XIII, No. 1, Spring 1999 886 825

      John

      Frank, you probably missed the start of this thread. The following is why
      I was focused on Slovenia.

      >I am looking for any information on Frank ZUPANCIC or Mary MIKLIC.
      >They only thing I know about them is they were married June 29 1908.
      >They both immigrated in 1907 from Austria and both spoke Slovenien.
      >Franks parents were Frank Zupancic, and Ursula KOREN. Mary
      >Miklic's parents were Anton Miklic, and Mary PODZA.

      John

    • BobHORGOS@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 10, 2001
        In a message dated 7/10/01 6:07:58 PM, rkrought@... writes:

        << They both immigrated in 1907 from Austria and both spoke Slovenien. >>

        If you go to the following Web Site:

        http://www.flick.com/onomastikon/Europe-Eastern/Former-Yugoslavia/Slovenia/Sur

        names.htm

        You will find a chart of Slovenian Surnames. The last name on the chart is
        "ZUPANCIC"
      • frankur@att.net
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 11, 2001
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., BobHORGOS@a... wrote:

          > In a message dated 7/10/01 6:07:58 PM, rkrought@a... writes:
          >
          > << They both immigrated in 1907 from Austria and both spoke
          Slovenien. >>

          > If you go to the following Web Site:

          http://www.flick.com/onomastikon/Europe-Eastern/Former-Yugoslavia/Slov
          enia/Sur

          > names.htm
          >
          > You will find a chart of Slovenian Surnames. The last name on the
          chart is
          > "ZUPANCIC"

          Unfortunately all the Web sites authored by Kate Monk were removed
          from the WWW.
          All her surname listings under various countries were suspect because
          none of the sources were ever documentated.
          She had taken various lists ranging from baby names to historical
          names and just combined them into datebases.
          Believe the Academy of St. Gabriel Library had issued a warning on the
          Internet.

          Frank Kurcina
        • John
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 11, 2001
            At 08:41 PM 7/10/01 -0400, you wrote:

            > John,
            >
            > These Vol. that you gave me from the Slovenija, how can I read them?
            > Thanks,
            > Kimberly

            With great difficulty, if you don't know Slovenian. ;-) They may have an
            English version of the magazine. They do have a few surname origins
            translated on the Net (those that are highlighted on the list of surnames).
            You might ask someone on a Slovenian mailing list, a Slovenian church or
            fraternal organization member, a relative, friend, or a professional
            translator if they could translate them for you.

            John
          • kimberly rought
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 11, 2001
              John,
              What do I have to do to get a copy of these? I am sure that I can get it translated if I can get them.
              Thanks alot,
              Kim

              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 11, 2001
                At 10:58 PM 7/11/01 -0400, you wrote:
                >John,
                >What do I have to do to get a copy of these? I am sure that I can get it
                >translated if I can get them.
                >Thanks alot,
                >Kim

                Try writing to: slovenija.magazine@... and give them the
                information you want. Here is there homepage : http://www.arctur.si/slovenia/

                Being on a Slovenian mailing list might be helpful also.

                John
              • kimberly rought
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 11, 2001
                  Thanks for all of your help, John.
                  Kimberly

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 12, 2001
                    In a message dated 7/11/01 10:20:48 AM, frankur@... writes:

                    << Unfortunately all the Web sites authored by Kate Monk were removed
                    from the WWW. >>

                    They were not removed from the WWW--I had just looked at them two or three
                    days ago.That is where I got the URL address.
                  • kimberly rought