From Listowner - Please Read

  • sabinov@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 1999
      Dear SLOVAK-ROOTS members,

      Well, despite intense efforts and much medication, I am unfortunately
      going to have to have surgery on my right lung due to complications of
      this pneumonia I've been battling.

      Please go on with your research and helping each other. I will be in the
      hospital for about a week, and then recovering at home for some time.
      I"ll be back on the list as soon as I can handle it.

      Remember that you need to go to the http://www.onelist.com page to
      unsubscribe or make changes. I know you will help each other as you
      always do, and remember to stay on topic to genealogy.

      I will have a friend here locally keep in touch with Andrea Vangor, so
      she'll know where I am etc.

      I am busy getting ready to be admitted so please don't feel that you
      need to respond to this message, on the list or privately (as my mailbox
      will fill up). What I would appreciate are your thoughts and prayers,
      this evidently is not an easy surgery and I am hoping for a rapid and
      easy recovery.

      Thank you for your cooperation... you're a great group and I hope I will
      be back with you in about two weeks.

      With warm wishes,
      Maura

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
      sabinov@...
      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • MJESKO@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 1999
        This weekend I will be taking part in a very ancient Slovak custom. I am
        going on an OTPUST or religious pilgrimage in honor of Our Lady of
        Perpetual Help. It is being held at the Motherhouse of the Sisters of
        St. Basil the Great, Mt. St. Macrina, in Uniontown, Pa. This is a Greek
        Catholic order. I will make you one of my special prayer intentions
        during the OTPUST.

        S'Bohom!

        "TRADITION is the JOYFUL memory of a people!"