Re: [S-R] Hencovce - Church Records??

  • Maureen Pulignano
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2001
      Adrian,
      I believe I have seen those surnames in the records of St. Anna RC Church in
      Dlhe nad Cirochou. I have them on permanent loan at my FHC. I will check for
      you on Tuesday -- they are not open again 'til then! You may check to see how
      close your village is to Dlhe -- I don't recognize the name, but I'm not an
      expert. I am fairly certain I have seen the names, though.
      Maureen

      AFe9963285@... wrote:

      > Hi list from a new subscriber:
      >
      > I've just learned from naturalization records that two individuals I am
      > interested in were born in Hencovce, Zemplin Co in the 1871/72. In checking
      > the LDS library catalog, there is no entry for Hencovce. Does anyone know
      > whether there are R.C. church records for the village which just have not
      > been microfilmed or whether the residents attended the church at a
      > neighbouring village?
      >
      > The individuals in question were Mihaly TOMAS and Anna ONDIK
      >
      > Adrian Fenton
      > Wexford, PA

    • Maureen Pulignano
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2001
        Adrian,
        I just checked ShtetlSeeker -- 3-4 of the variations on the viallage name are
        pretty close to Dlhe. I'll lokk on Tuesday,
        Maureen