Re: [S-R] Locating Hajagos

  • Richard D. Custer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2001
      Fine, except in Linda's case she clearly wants the one by Michalovce /
      Zemplinska Sirava. The Lukacsena family originates there. That's one of
      the more common names from that village. I have all sorts of records that
      place Lukacsena individuals from Klokocov, Uz County in Greek Catholic Rusyn
      communities in Pennsylvania.

      RDC
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2001
        I just realized, I sent you the location of the wrong Klokoc^ov:

        The one you are interested in is in north east Slovakia:

        10 km northeast of Michalovce on lake Zempli'nska S^i'rava and 60 km east of
        Kos^ice.

        (There is a Klokoc^ov (Klokočov) in north central Slovakia, 3 km east of the
        Czech border, 7 km northwest of Turzovka, 17 km west of C^adca, 190 km north
        northeast of Bratislava. It is not the Hajagos you want)

        You're welcome.

        Dr. "Q"

        Linda Kleback wrote:

        > Yesterday was the first day I managed to really search the Ellis Island web
        > site, and I had some very good luck. The best was locating an entry for my
        > great-great grandmother Susanna Lukacsena. She has always been a puzzle.
        > Slovak church records document her birth and four marriages. She was listed
        > as nearest relative in Hungary when her daughter and granddaughters
        > immigrated in 1907. In 1915 she was also in PA where she is buried with the
        > surname of her second husband Andras Koctela who was the father of the
        > daughter she lived with. Thanks to the Ellis Island site I was able to find
        > her immigration record in 1912, proved by who she was going to join -- my
        > great-grandfather's family. Now I need a location for her residence:
        > Hajagos, Hungary. Is anyone familiar with that town?
        >
        > Linda

      • Dr. Joe Quashnock
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 7, 2001
          Yes, we're in agreement copy of my correction is below: