Re: [S-R] RE: KREPCIK & MADL surnames

  • John
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 5 9:08 PM
      At 09:13 AM 7/5/01 -0700, you wrote:
      >Hi John, I'm a novice researcher yet I have ran across
      >this web site and somewhere in it has a cross index
      >where you can check your surname to try to find its
      >nationality. Check out //feefhs.org I hope this helps
      >you. It's in Engish.

      Thank you. I'll pass this information on.

      John
    • Kimberly Rought
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 7 5:48 PM
        John,
        I was wondering if you have seen a link for a Slovenian surname site like the one you have listed below. I would appreciate your help.
        Thanks,
        Kimberly
        rkrought@...
        John <jmatsko4@...> wrote: At 04:30 PM 7/3/01 +0000, you wrote:
        >Hello, I've learned a lot from all the email messages and queries but
        >still am baffled. I've been searching the KREPCIK and MADL surnames
        >for quite some time and seem to get nowhere. I'm wondering if I'm
        >looking in the wrong places. First of all could someone tell me if
        >KREPCIK is a Bohemian, Slovak, German, Czech. or ?

        Using the |Czech online phone directory I found a few Krepc^ik (~ 6) in the
        cities (Praha, Brno, Ostrava) of the Czech Republic and about 14 Madl and
        several Madlova in Praha alone. Not much luck in Slovakia. They don't show
        up at this Czech surname
        site, http://members.tripod.com/~zlimpkk/Genealogy/czechsurnames.html ,
        but they only list the top 100 or so surnames. I have no idea of the
        ethnic origin of the names.

        John

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 7 9:58 PM
          In a message dated 7/7/01 6:14:23 PM, rkrought@... writes:

          << I was wondering if you have seen a link for a Slovenian surname site like
          the one you have listed below. I would appreciate your help. >>

          Check out the following Web Site:
          http://www.arctur.si/slovenia/surnames.html
        • BobHORGOS@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 7 11:21 PM
            In a message dated 7/7/01 10:49:01 PM, BobHORGOS@... writes:

            << Check out the following Web Site:
            http://www.arctur.si/slovenia/surnames.html

            If you will add the numbers 2, 3, and 4 after the word "surnames" in the
            above URL you can access additional pages for that Web Site.
          • John
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 7 11:59 PM
              At 02:21 AM 7/8/01 -0400, you wrote:

              >In a message dated 7/7/01 10:49:01 PM, BobHORGOS@... writes:
              >
              ><< Check out the following Web Site:
              >http://www.arctur.si/slovenia/surnames.html
              > >>

              >If you will add the numbers 2, 3, and 4 after the word "surnames" in the
              >above URL you can access additional pages for that Web Site.

              The following has a listing of Slovenian given and surnames but no analysis
              of the names:

              http://www.the1phoenix.net/english/names/Slovenia.htm

              Also Slovenian surname information:

              http://www.angelfire.com/wa2/SGSIpnw/SurnameOriginIndex.html