Re: [S-R] May sound silly...

  • Tbeiceman@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2001
      Hi,
      In answer to your question about whether the Czech language and Slovak are
      different. Yes they are. Each has certain words, which are either pronounced
      differently or spelled differently. I speak Slovak and have a difficult time
      understanding someone speaking Czech
      Tess

    • Milan Huba
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2001
        You and me both. I spoke Slovak all my life but have difficulty
        understanding Czech. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one having a
        problem with Czech. Actually, Polish seems to be closer to Slovak than
        Czech.

        Milan
        > In answer to your question about whether the Czech language and Slovak
        are
        > different. Yes they are. Each has certain words, which are either
        pronounced
        > differently or spelled differently. I speak Slovak and have a difficult
        time
        > understanding someone speaking Czech
        > Tess

      • David Mothkovich
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2001
          I am not an expert on this but once saw a chart of the evolution and
          migrations of nations. Most of East Europeans originated from the Belarus
          areas into Sweden, Slovak, Slavic, etc. my unprofessional but educated
          guess is that if the charts and theories are mostly accurate then most the
          Eastern Europeans actually are from that area and that would include the
          Czechs.

          Anyone else know more?
          Dave