Re: [S-R] Hungarian Towns

  • Dr. Joe Quashnock
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2001
      I cannot find Szodina Kisfaln, the following do/did exist:

      Szo'd = Sa^ud, Romania
      Szodo' = Svodov, Slovakia (3 km north of Z^eliezovce in south central Slovakia
      about 12 km west of the Hungarian border)
      Szodoro' = Sudura^u, Romania
      Szud = Su'dovce, Slovakia (22 km northeast of Z^eliezovce and 18 km northwest of

      Szidorfalva = Grabovo / Hrabove, Ukraine

      Kisfalu = Pordas^inci, Slovenia

      Kisfalud = (there are/were 13 Kisfalud names):
      Branjina, Hungary
      Fi^nti^nele, Romania
      Vieska nad Z^itavou (Barskisfalud), Slovakia; 20 km east of Nitra, 9 km northeast
      of Vra'ble and 9 km south west of Zlate' Moravce
      Vieska (Dunkisfalud also named Oszla'nykisfalud), Slovakia; there are 8 towns on
      Slovakia with that name, but it is probably the Vieska next to Vel'ke' Ripn^any, 20
      km north northeast of Nitra
      Kecest (Kecsetkisfalud), Romania
      Mices(sickle below the s)ti (Maroskisfalud also named Ompolykisfalud), Romania
      Mindszentka'lla, Hungary
      Rabakisfalud, Hungary
      Sorkikisfalud, Hungary
      Kisfalud (Zselickisfalud), Hungary

      I cannot find either the single or combined words of Szodina Kisfaln. Are these
      names clearly written on a reliable document or are they verbal family history?
      Mestec^ko is quite a distance from all of the above.

      Dr. "Q"