Re: Sandy vs Dorothy

  • SantiDClaireS@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29 4:11 PM
      Marianne, I answer to both. My own family calls me Dorothy. My husband's
      family call me Sandy because that is what he called me. Since being on the
      net I use Sandy more often than I have in last few years. After hubby died it
      seemed that more people started calling me Dorothy again but I have some
      nieces and nephews (in his family) that didn't even know my name was Dorothy
      (genealogists please note). One told me she thought my name was Sandra. My
      first email was with MSN and when they asked me to pick a name, the young man
      signing me up recommended that I use a nickname which is why I started out on
      the net as Sandy.
      My handwriting is pretty clear and I have been told nice looking, at least
      that is the flattery I get from family members when they want help addressing
      invitations. But lately I prefer using the computer because like everyone
      else when I write fast it tends to get sloppy. I seem to think faster than I
      can write so I also notice that I leave words out. I had a typewriter when I
      was working, not that I used it much, so I never got to more than 50wpm and
      after I retired I didn't like using even a selectric after using an
      electronic typewriter so lost what little speed I had. Since getting the
      computer though I do pretty well. At any rate, use whatever name comes to
      mind, I'll answer, especially if it has to do with my Santi or Petruska
      relatives. Regards, Sandy