Re: [S-R] one more try -- it was very late!

  • John
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2001
      At 09:21 AM 6/29/01 -0400, you wrote:
      >http://www.health.state.pa.us/vitalrecords

      My grandfather died in PA prior to 1909 the year my father
      immigrated. Prior to 1906, the death records were kept by the
      counties. All I was told was that he died in "hard coal" country so I
      started with the state first because that was the easiest approach. If I
      recall correctly, I sent a request in to PA Vital Records and the cost was
      $3.00 for each year searched or a total of $9.00, in my case, for the
      period of 1906 to 1909. I believe there is a different rate for searching
      by the decade but since I was only interested in the 3 years, it was
      cheaper to do it yearly.

      John