Re: [S-R] Re:Death records

  • Eric Haas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2001

      Sac> Maureen, I didn't think of getting death certificates since I don't know date
      Sac> of deaths. I didn't think the state of PA would search for a certificate by
      Sac> just name alone. I know that Agnes was still alive in June of 1964 because I
      Sac> talked to her but since she was born in 1900 she was only 64 years old, if
      Sac> she lived into her 80s or 90s that's a 30 year span. Would they search that
      Sac> many years? Regards, Dorothy

      You also run into the problem that many states restrict death
      certificates for a certain number of years after death for privacy
      reasons. If she did live into her 80s or 90s, her death certificate
      might still be restricted.

      I believe you mentioned you found someone in the SSDI you thought
      might be her husband? If so, see if you can obtain his death notice
      from the local paper. It will, most likely, mention his wife as
      either surviving or deceased and, that should narrow down the search
      range a little.

      Researching: APPEL, BOROWSKI, CERNOHORSKY, DEMBOWCZYK, HAAS, JUBB, PIETROWIAK, ZARAS