Re: [S-R] Re:misspellings

  • Marianne Petruska
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2001
      OK, now tell me, which do you prefer being called: Dorothy or Sandy? I don't
      want to be calling you by the wrong name!

      One of my sisters has very nice writing, but some of it too is rather illegible.
      Isn't it nice that there are those modern inventions like typewriters, word
      processors & computers, which enable us to actually read what someone has put to
      paper? But even then, there are still people who just do not know how to spell
      -- and the advertising industry doesn't help! In their attempts to attract
      attention, they deliberately spell things somewhat phonetically, so the kids of
      the 1980s to the present (and probably in the future) don't spell things
      properly. (And forget spell-check! Even that doesn't help!)

      Marianne