Re:Death records

  • SantiDClaireS@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2001
      Maureen, I didn't think of getting death certificates since I don't know date
      of deaths. I didn't think the state of PA would search for a certificate by
      just name alone. I know that Agnes was still alive in June of 1964 because I
      talked to her but since she was born in 1900 she was only 64 years old, if
      she lived into her 80s or 90s that's a 30 year span. Would they search that
      many years? Regards, Dorothy

    • Eric Haas
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2001

        Sac> Maureen, I didn't think of getting death certificates since I don't know date
        Sac> of deaths. I didn't think the state of PA would search for a certificate by
        Sac> just name alone. I know that Agnes was still alive in June of 1964 because I
        Sac> talked to her but since she was born in 1900 she was only 64 years old, if
        Sac> she lived into her 80s or 90s that's a 30 year span. Would they search that
        Sac> many years? Regards, Dorothy

        You also run into the problem that many states restrict death
        certificates for a certain number of years after death for privacy
        reasons. If she did live into her 80s or 90s, her death certificate
        might still be restricted.

        I believe you mentioned you found someone in the SSDI you thought
        might be her husband? If so, see if you can obtain his death notice
        from the local paper. It will, most likely, mention his wife as
        either surviving or deceased and, that should narrow down the search
        range a little.

        Researching: APPEL, BOROWSKI, CERNOHORSKY, DEMBOWCZYK, HAAS, JUBB, PIETROWIAK, ZARAS