Re: [S-R] SS5 fee increase! July 1, 2001

  • Eric Haas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2001

      mwn> I heard this today, and didn't believe it.. but it's
      mwn> true...http://www.ssa.gov/foia/foia_fuide.htm#_Toc517745431

      mwn> The Social Security Administration is increasing fees as of _July 1,
      mwn> 2001_ (this Sunday) dramatically.

      mwn> New fees will be

      mwn> $27 for a copy of the original SS5 form if you provide SS# (up from $7 -
      mwn> they say it's because they haven't raised rates since 1988... but I'd
      mwn> bet the boom in genealogy has something to do with it, my opinion only)

      That's the equivalent of roughly an 11% increase per year.

      Researching: APPEL, BOROWSKI, CERNOHORSKY, DEMBOWCZYK, HAAS, JUBB, PIETROWIAK, ZARAS