Surnames!!!

  • PopeBela@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2001
      Hi,
      Could anyone tell me if I've read these names correctly? I got them out of
      the Church records for Goellnitz Hungary/Gelnica Slovakia...
      I tried to put them together to make the most sense...I welcome ANY
      corrections or
      BETTER IDEAS! :)
      Thanks,
      Chris

      GESPAN (first letter looks like a "fancy G")
      LAMANY

      ZLOZERIK or ZLOZENIK (The "Z" looks like a little-g but larger with two lines
      crossing the stem beneath the circular part of the letter.

      SEFCSCIK / JAFCSNIK / SCEFANIK ?? (first letter is either a J or S I
      think...any names "close" to one of those that'd make sense??)

      SOLCIG or SOLIG

      TROJA or SROJA or FROJA or TROJRA or FROJRA or FROJNA

      HENCGAMZ (first letter questionable...H? B?)  HENEGAMZ?  _EN_GAMZ ?

      also a given name that looks like DOROTHEA but perhaps it's in Hungarian or
      Slovakian?

      DOROC___Z (last letter looks like English cursive Z but curves out to the
      right)