Re: [S-R] Re:Help with Surname

  • Marianne Petruska
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2001
      Dorothy: Have sent separate "E" to you re: Petruska surname, as I'm also
      researching my paternal grandfather's ancestors.

      Something another researcher once told me re: missing birth records. If you
      have any idea in what town/city/county they were born, check the church listings
      for those places & perhaps one of them has at least a baptismal record of the
      ancestor you are seeking. (One of my Dad's maternal cousins doesn't have birth
      certificates for her parents, but she does have copies of their baptismal
      records, which provided their birthdates.)

      Marianne