Re: [S-R] Re: Thanks for help

  • David Mothkovich
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26 2:07 PM
      Just thought I would give a little input about records lost in fires. I was
      searching for records of my grandparents. An administrator at one facility
      told me the records were destroyed by a fire. A couple years later I tried
      the facility again to see if I could get information about any possible
      personal belongings, i.e. letters, etc. The "new" administrator told me the
      "old administrator had taken all the boxes of old records, etc, that had
      been stored for years, and had them destroyed by burning to create more
      storage space for the facility supplies.

      Seems many places had the habit of burning what they considered "worthless
      documents just laying around in boxes" before somebody realized the
      documents might be needed and should be stored for safekeeping.

      Good luck,
      Dave M.