Re: Thanks for help

  • SantiDClaireS@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2001
      Thank you Maureen for the suggestions. My father never had a birth
      certificate, claimed it was lost in some kind of fire. (I guess they had a
      lot of fires in and around the coal mines in PA). His military records were
      also lost to fire in St Louis. His copies were evidently lost with all his
      moving about, since my sister and I have never found them. My only hope is
      his brothers and sisters. Since I'm not sure what county they were born in
      (since they all were born before 1900) I'll have to guess. I think I will
      concentrate on the younger ones.
      I don't think my grandparents were ever naturalized. Both 1900 and 1910 lists
      them as aliens. Haven't found them on 1920 yet. That is why I would like to
      find the eldest son as an adult. He may have been the one to be naturalized.
      Thanks again for your help. Dorothy