Need help reading Ellis Island manifest

  • tskvarenina@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 21, 2001
      Hi,

      I have put a file in the files section, need_destination.jpg.

      I am unable to decipher my relatives final destination in column 11
      and under the name Novak, Tomas. It does appear Tomas was in NY and
      they were going to join him.

      Thanks very much,

      Tim
    • frankur@att.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 22, 2001
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., tskvarenina@y... wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have put a file in the files section, need_destination.jpg.
        >
        > I am unable to decipher my relatives final destination in column 11
        > and under the name Novak, Tomas. It does appear Tomas was in NY
        and
        > they were going to join him.
        >
        > Thanks very much,
        >
        > Tim

        With 4500 odd Novak listed glad knew Tamás wife's name.

        http://www.pe.net/~rksnow/nycountydeferiet.htm#history

        Viva la France !

        Frank Kurcina
      • Tim Skvarenina
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 29, 2001
          Hi John,

          Thanks very much.

          Tim

          > >Tim
          >
          > There is a town called Deferiet near Great Bend that
          > looks like it might be
          > the one you're looking for.
          >
          > John

          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/