Re: [S-R] Looking for a home

  • pakurilecz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 18, 2001
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Dr. Joe Quashnock" <drq@i...> wrote:
      > Cigel'ka is 15 km northwest of Bardejov and 2 km south of the
      present day
      > Polish border.
      >
      > Dr. "Q"

      Dr. "Q"
      thanks greatly for others who may be interested here is a link to a
      map site that will show you the village
      http://lemko.org/maps100/Pages/Pg70.html

      Peter Kurilecz
    • Dr. Joe Quashnock
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 18, 2001
        I have visited the Lemko site a few times but never noticed the maps. They
        are the same quality and scale as the Podrobný (Podrobny') Autoatlas,
        probably because they came from the same communist army data base.

        Thank you for providing us with the link.

        Dr. "Q"

        pakurilecz@... wrote:

        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Dr. Joe Quashnock" <drq@i...> wrote:
        > > Cigel'ka is 15 km northwest of Bardejov and 2 km south of the
        > present day
        > > Polish border.
        > >
        > > Dr. "Q"
        >
        > Dr. "Q"
        > thanks greatly for others who may be interested here is a link to a
        > map site that will show you the village
        > http://lemko.org/maps100/Pages/Pg70.html
        >
        > Peter Kurilecz
      • Dale Karaff
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 19, 2001
          The LDS microfilm numbers for Czigelka are:
          1792039 and 1792020.
          I was searching for Sisak / Karaff Surnames in Juskova Vola and found
          Sisak's in Czigelka too. Czigelka is up close to the Polish border I think
          I was told. Check it out with your local LDS (Latter Day Saints) Family
          History Center to order the records.
          Dale Karaff
          Vidor, TX

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 19, 2001
            Wonder if Baltimore has an Internet Access like they
            have for Ellis Island?

            Mike Zuchick (Misha Kozubchik)

            http://buzz.yahoo.com/
          • Eric Haas
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 19, 2001

              MZ> Wonder if Baltimore has an Internet Access like they
              MZ> have for Ellis Island?

              There is currently no online database for Baltimore immigration.

              Researching: APPEL, BOROWSKI, CERNOHORSKY, DEMBOWCZYK, HAAS, JUBB, PIETROWIAK, ZARAS
            • John
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 18, 2001
                At 08:54 PM 6/18/01 +0000, you wrote:
                >--- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Dr. Joe Quashnock" <drq@i...> wrote:
                >hanks greatly for others who may be interested here is a link to a
                >map site that will show you the village
                >http://lemko.org/maps100/Pages/Pg70.html
                >
                >Peter Kurilecz

                Good site. I remember downloading using a 28K modem at that site about 3
                or 4 years ago and 56K recently (actually I think it was part of the
                InfoUke site at that time). It seemed to take forever. According to the
                legend, it looks like you have a historical religious building (aka church)
                in the town.

                Janko