Re: [S-R] Looking for a home

  • Dr. Joe Quashnock
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 18 10:51 AM
      Cigel'ka is 15 km northwest of Bardejov and 2 km south of the present day
      Polish border.

      Dr. "Q"

    • pakurilecz@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 18 1:54 PM
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Dr. Joe Quashnock" <drq@i...> wrote:
        > Cigel'ka is 15 km northwest of Bardejov and 2 km south of the
        present day
        > Polish border.
        >
        > Dr. "Q"

        Dr. "Q"
        thanks greatly for others who may be interested here is a link to a
        map site that will show you the village
        http://lemko.org/maps100/Pages/Pg70.html

        Peter Kurilecz
      • Dr. Joe Quashnock
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 18 2:53 PM
          I have visited the Lemko site a few times but never noticed the maps. They
          are the same quality and scale as the Podrobný (Podrobny') Autoatlas,
          probably because they came from the same communist army data base.

          Thank you for providing us with the link.

          Dr. "Q"

          pakurilecz@... wrote:

          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Dr. Joe Quashnock" <drq@i...> wrote:
          > > Cigel'ka is 15 km northwest of Bardejov and 2 km south of the
          > present day
          > > Polish border.
          > >
          > > Dr. "Q"
          >
          > Dr. "Q"
          > thanks greatly for others who may be interested here is a link to a
          > map site that will show you the village
          > http://lemko.org/maps100/Pages/Pg70.html
          >
          > Peter Kurilecz
        • Dale Karaff
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 19 10:50 AM
            The LDS microfilm numbers for Czigelka are:
            1792039 and 1792020.
            I was searching for Sisak / Karaff Surnames in Juskova Vola and found
            Sisak's in Czigelka too. Czigelka is up close to the Polish border I think
            I was told. Check it out with your local LDS (Latter Day Saints) Family
            History Center to order the records.
            Dale Karaff
            Vidor, TX

            > Well I think I found my grandmother in the Ellis Island database. The
            > ship's manifest listed her home town as
            > Cigelka-Sariska Czechoslovakia
            > Ethnicity: Slovak
            >
            > Any assistance would be greatfully appreciated.
            >
            > Peter Kurilecz
            > Richmond, VA

          • Michael Zuchick
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 19 2:19 PM
              Wonder if Baltimore has an Internet Access like they
              have for Ellis Island?

              Mike Zuchick (Misha Kozubchik)

              http://buzz.yahoo.com/
            • Eric Haas
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 19 2:27 PM

                MZ> Wonder if Baltimore has an Internet Access like they
                MZ> have for Ellis Island?

                There is currently no online database for Baltimore immigration.

                Researching: APPEL, BOROWSKI, CERNOHORSKY, DEMBOWCZYK, HAAS, JUBB, PIETROWIAK, ZARAS
              • John
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 18, 2001
                  At 08:54 PM 6/18/01 +0000, you wrote:
                  >--- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Dr. Joe Quashnock" <drq@i...> wrote:
                  >hanks greatly for others who may be interested here is a link to a
                  >map site that will show you the village
                  >http://lemko.org/maps100/Pages/Pg70.html
                  >
                  >Peter Kurilecz

                  Good site. I remember downloading using a 28K modem at that site about 3
                  or 4 years ago and 56K recently (actually I think it was part of the
                  InfoUke site at that time). It seemed to take forever. According to the
                  legend, it looks like you have a historical religious building (aka church)
                  in the town.

                  Janko