Ruzicka Ancestors in Vrbovce

  • pmruzicka
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 31, 2014
      Hi, my name is Paul Ruzicka, great grandson of Pavel Ruzicka who was born in Vrbovce Slovakia in 1884 or 1885, and was son to Pavel Ruzicka and Anna Valuch. Pavel and Anna were also born (and died) in Vrbovce. I would like to speak to any family members or people who know any information about any of the names mentioned.

    • Anabeth Dollins
      Message 2 of 28 , Aug 31, 2014
        Paul --

        There are some Ruzicka marriages and a burial listed in the records of Trinity Slovak Lutheran Church in Chicago (first name Karl, Charles, last names Kriho, Zidek). If these might be your family, let me know and I'll look up details in the microfilms of the records.

        Anabeth Placko Dollins

        On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 10:44 AM, pmruzicka@... [SLOVAK-ROOTS] <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hi, my name is Paul Ruzicka, great grandson of Pavel Ruzicka who was born in Vrbovce Slovakia in 1884 or 1885, and was son to Pavel Ruzicka and Anna Valuch. Pavel and Anna were also born (and died) in Vrbovce. I would like to speak to any family members or people who know any information about any of the names mentioned.

      • MGMojher
        Message 3 of 28 , Aug 31, 2014
          Paul,
              There are two Vrbovce in Slovakia:
              This one was incorporated into the city of  Michalovce in 1960. It is located far eastern Slovakia. Michalovce MI/KI  zemplín. / užhorod. 1925 pričl. o. Stráňany [ užhorod. ]; 1960 pričl. o. Močarany [ zemplín. ], Topoľany [ zemplín. ], Vrbovec [ užhorod. ]. The [uzhorod] tells you it was in the Hungarian county of Uzhorod.
              Vrbovec: 1773 Verbocz, 1786 Werbocz, 1808 Verbócz, Wrbowce, Wrbowec, 18631902 Verbóc, 19071913 Kisverbóc, 1920 Vrbovce, Verbovce, 19271960 Vrbovec

          The second:
              The one was also incorporated into a larger town, Chvojnica in 1960. There are two Chvojnica in western Slovakia. This Vrbovce was in the Hungarian county of Nitra
          Vrbovce MY/TC  nitr. 1960 vyčl. o. Chvojnica;
          1773 Verbocz, Werbowcze, Wrbowcze, 1786 Werbócz, Wrbowce, 1808 Verbóc, Wrbowce, Wrbowec, 18631913 Verbóc, 1920– Vrbovce

          Do you which Vrbovce is yours?

          In the 1995 Slovak Census the following was found for the surname Ruzicka:

          As you can see, there are three spellings for Ruzicka depending on the diacritical marks.

          After “1995” are two numbers. The first is how many people with that surname and the second the number of locations in which it was found. The list is the top 10 locations where the surname was found. You go from the rare 5/3 numbers to a large 998/211. Looking over the locations of the three spellings they are predominately in western Slovakia. But there are 258 locations for the surname and only 23 are given. As you can see the Slovak capitol of Bratislava and nearby towns have a large number.

          Priezvisko RUŽICKÁ sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 5×, celkový počet lokalít: 3, v lokalitách:
          PETRŽALKA (obec BRATISLAVA),  okr. BRATISLAVA – 2×;
          RUŽINOV (obec BRATISLAVA),  okr. BRATISLAVA – 2×;
          ILAVA,  okr. POVAŽSKÁ BYSTRICA (od  r. 1996 ILAVA) – 1×;

          Priezvisko RŮŽIČKA sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 79×, celkový počet lokalít: 44, najčastejšie výskyty v lokalitách:
          RUŽINOV (obec BRATISLAVA),  okr. BRATISLAVA – 6×;
          ŽILINA,  okr. ŽILINA – 5×;
          DUBNICA NAD VÁHOM,  okr. POVAŽSKÁ BYSTRICA (od  r. 1996 ILAVA) – 4×;
          NOVÉ MESTO NAD VÁHOM,  okr. TRENČÍN (od  r. 1996 NOVÉ MESTO NAD VÁHOM) – 4×;
          LIPTOVSKÝ PETER,  okr. LIPTOVSKÝ MIKULÁŠ – 3×;
          PLAVECKÝ ŠTVRTOK,  okr. BRATISLAVA-VIDIEK (od  r. 1996 MALACKY) – 3×;
          NOVÉ MESTO (obec BRATISLAVA),  okr. BRATISLAVA – 3×;
          ŠAMORÍN,  okr. DUNAJSKÁ STREDA – 2×;
          HORNÉ SRNIE,  okr. TRENČÍN – 2×;
          MÔŤOVÁ (obec ZVOLEN),  okr. ZVOLEN – 2×;
          Priezvisko RUŽIČKA sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 998×, celkový počet lokalít: 211, najčastejšie výskyty v lokalitách:
          PETRŽALKA (obec BRATISLAVA),  okr. BRATISLAVA – 70×;
          TRNAVA,  okr.
        • pmruzicka
          Message 4 of 28 , Aug 31, 2014
            I am not sure. I found Baptism records that list Vrbovce, Myjava, Slovakia as the place.

            I am not sure how to figure it out yet. I am still trying to digest everything you sent, but I wanted to reply.
          • MGMojher
            Message 5 of 28 , Aug 31, 2014
              If it is Vrbovce, Myjava, Slovakia that would be the western one. The second I wrote about.

              http://www.tccweb.org/vrbovce.htm – in English information on Vrbovce. This should be very interesting for you – “Bohus, Elias, Filus, Hornak, Jozefek, Kavicky, Melicharek, Ruzicka, Sukup, Stefek, Valuch, Vittek. We can find here some new German names, which were brought by the Jews.”

              Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:18 AM
              Subject: Re: [S-R] Ruzicka Ancestors in Vrbovce

              Message 6 of 28 , Aug 31, 2014
                Sorry. Neither of the two Vrbovce I sent you are the one that is Vrbovce, Myjava. Each of those shown no longer exist, they have been incorporated into other towns. Your Vrbovce, Myjava does exist, as you can see from my last e-mail.

                Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:18 AM

                I am not sure. I found Baptism records that list Vrbovce, Myjava, Slovakia as the place.

                I am not sure how to figure it out yet. I am still trying to digest everything you sent, but I wanted to reply.

              • William C. Wormuth
                Message 7 of 28 , Aug 31, 2014
                    I think this is the correct place.  Valuch [Vah-lukh]  Ruzicka, accenr marks, (small "v") over the z and c [Ruhzhich-kah] "Little rose"

                  Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:18 AM

                  Message 8 of 28 , Aug 31, 2014
                    William I am not sure that Valuch as a surname is the one he is interested in. Ruzicka is the surname he is searching for in Vrbovce.

                    Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2014 6:37 PM

                    Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:18 AM

                    Message 9 of 28 , Aug 31, 2014
                      Looked it up because his Grandmother was Valuch.

                      Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2014 6:37 PM

                      Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:18 AM

                      Message 10 of 28 , Aug 31, 2014
                        Verifications can be made by looking at the church records, on LDS

                        Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2014 6:37 PM

                        Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:18 AM

                        Message 11 of 28 , Sep 1, 2014
                          Paul -- Your great-grandparents had TWO sons who were called Pavel.

                          A Pavel was born in Vrbovce, Myjava, to Pavel and Anna in 1884, but died a few months later: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-14342-27848-81?cc=1554443&wc=9P3W-2NG:107654101,109865701,109980801,123304601

                          Another son -- your great-grandfather? -- was born in Sep 1885, and Pavel and Anna named this infant Pavel, too: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-14342-27738-94?cc=1554443&wc=9P3W-2NG:107654101,109865701,109980801,123304601

                          The handwriting on these records is really beautiful!  (Unlike some that I've tried to read)

                          Anabeth

                          Message 12 of 28 , Sep 1, 2014
                            Anabeth,

                            Good Job!

                            Paul

                            Just a note:  These records also show house number, just in case you would travel to that town and wish to take a photo. Also, should you want to contact the Valuch in the phone directory, don't be afraid to write in English as many young people are studying it.

                            To you both, have a good day,

                            Z Bohom,

                            Vilo

                            Message 13 of 28 , Sep 1, 2014
                              Thank you. That clears the baptismal records with two dates. Is there somewhere I can find out what the headings are since I can't read this language.
                            • William C. Wormuth
                              Message 14 of 28 , Sep 1, 2014
                                I'll send you to your email

                                On Monday, September 1, 2014 1:05 PM, "pmruzicka@... [SLOVAK-ROOTS]" <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                Thank you. That clears the baptismal records with two dates. Is there somewhere I can find out what the headings are since I can't read this language.

                              • Suzanne
                                Message 15 of 28 , Sep 1, 2014
                                  Great catch!!

                                  I've encountered this in my research as well - a child that dies and a subsequent child is given the same name.

                                  Good job and a great help for the searcher.

                                  Suzanne

                                  Sent from my iPad

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Sep 1, 2014
                                    Paul --

                                    Translations are at Bill Tarkulich's website iabsi.com

                                    Also: there's a nice page about Vrbovce at http://www.tccweb.org/vrbovce.htm
                                    Contributors to the page include Slovak-World friends Ed Maul and Dave Kuchta.

                                    Anabeth

                                    PS: Thanks, Vilo!

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Sep 1, 2014
                                        Anabeth,

                                        Do I read the death date as April 11, 1884?

                                        Paul
                                      • pmruzicka
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Sep 1, 2014
                                          Also, what is the priest's title? Cavel?
                                        • pmruzicka
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Sep 1, 2014
                                            Sorry to be a pain, but what is written in the lower right corner under the parent names?
                                          • johnqadam
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Sep 1, 2014
                                              >>> what is written in the lower right corner under the parent names?<<<

                                              rolnici / peasants
                                            • johnqadam
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Sep 1, 2014
                                                >>> Do I read the death date as April 11, 1884?<<<

                                                November 4. They ALWAYS put the day before the month.
                                              • Plichta
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Sep 1, 2014

                                                  I have seen this reuse of the same given names many times.  High infant mortality rates caused the next male child to be given the same name as the previous male child who died in the intervening time.  I found one family with 6 male children named William along with one male child named John in the middle of the bunch.

                                                  Frank

                                                  Searching the world for any PLICHTA from any place and at any time in history.

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Sep 1, 2014
                                                    Paul --

                                                    The dates are written the other way around -- 4 Nov.

                                                    To look at the records for yourself, go to one of the links I send and click on the worf Vrbovce that's next to the word Myjava. You'll get a list of all of the available digitized record books. You can look at Pavel's death record by paging ahead to the 4 Nov 1884 record.

                                                    In the birth record the minister is called Kaplan. In the death record, farar.

                                                    Under the names is the plural of rolnik, or farmer.

                                                    Anabeth

                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Sep 1, 2014
                                                      How about two instances of Maria living in the same house -- daughters of two brothers and very close in age.  Try to keep thos two separated in record keeping  .  .  .
                                                    • MGMojher

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Sep 2, 2014
                                                          The Pastor in Banska Bystrica I Dekan,[Deh-kahn], translates as "Dean".,  I think a grade higher than Farar [Fah-rahrr] in parishes lucky enough to have one, the assistant is Kaplan [Kah-plahn]

                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Sep 3, 2014
                                                            Anabeth,

                                                            Are you referring to the other side/half of the image for the death record, or something else?

                                                            Is there a way to search these digital images other than page by page? I have other people I would like to find info on.

                                                            Do these records contain info about, for example, when Pavel and Anna were married, and possibly who their parents were and info on them?

                                                            Sorry to be so full of questions, but I am relatively new at this.

                                                            Thanks for any help.

                                                            Paul